Finding the Best
Every journey starts with a single step.
Begin by forwarding your cover letter and résumé to our email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive e-mail confirmation when we have received your completed application.
We are committed to an efficient hiring process and will respond to promising candidates within a reasonable timeframe. Due to the volume of applicants, we can only contact shortlisted applicants. If you do not hear from us after 4 weeks, please revisit our careers page on a regular basis as we constantly update our vacancies.
Our HR staff and division managers have developed a rigorous interview process. The interview helps us determine if you possess the qualities required for success at EFG Hermes and, if you are selected for a position, provides a basis upon which we will prepare and place you to best advance your career within the firm.
Below are some tips on preparing for your interview.
1-Get to know EFG Hermes
- Our website is the ideal place to learn who we are and what we stand for. Make sure you fully explore it fully by reading about us in the news and speaking to people you know who work in the financial industry. The more you know about us, the better your interview will go.
2- Learn as much as you can about the industry
- Study the industry;- find out who our competitors are and what makes EFG Hermes unique.
- If you have spent some time working or studying outside of finance, devote a good deal of time to refreshing your knowledge.
3- Practice makes perfect
- Hold mock interviews with your family, peers, professors, and professional mentors. Have them come up with a number of questions to ask you, but also write questions for yourself. Imagining yourself as your own interviewer helps you understand what we are looking for when we interview candidates. It may even be beneficial to role-play that you are the interviewer, particularly with your peers.
- Review the job description and requirements.
- Review your application materials and be prepared to discuss any detail therein.
- Dress in business attire.
- Bring extra copies of your application materials.
- Allow plenty of time to get to your interview.
5- In the Interview
- The interview is your opportunity to explain why you are uniquely qualified for the position in question.
- Take full advantage of this opportunity to demonstrate not only your qualifications but also your communication skills.
- Answer the interviewer’s questions as completely and accurately as possible. Avoid the temptation to be immodest or exaggerate your qualifications and experiences – it is usually more obvious than you may think.
- Prepare at least 2-3 intelligent questions about the position and/or EFG Hermes – your interviewer will allow plenty of time for you to ask as many questions as you wish.
- Finally, discuss next steps with your interviewer.
6- Following up
- It is courteous to send an email to your interviewer thanking him/her for his/her time. If you forgot to ask a question in your interview, it is not inappropriate to ask it at this time.
If you are chosen to join the firm, we will make you a competitive offer of employment and specify an appropriate deadline for your response.