Private Equity at EFG Hermes engages in direct investment activity to create a diversified portfolio through the application of various private equity strategies. We manage investments across the Middle East and North Africa, providing broad exposure to such strategies as leveraged buy-outs, growth and venture capital, distressed, turnaround, industry focused and natural resources.
We utilise a flexible approach to fund-raising, employing both traditional funds and transaction-based approaches as we look to acquire, grow and exit investments in sectors including consumer goods, retail, tourism, real estate, financial services, manufacturing, building materials, oil and gas, food, agriculture and infrastructure, among others.
Private Equity at EFG Hermes:
- Favours sectors where competitive advantage can be achieved and sustained
- Invests in businesses with strong catalysts and ability to deploy capital profitably
- Focuses on proven business models and management teams with strong track record
- Supports management of portfolio companies in creating value through strategic and financial assistance
- Fully incentivises management of portfolio companies to act as partners in the company
- Enhances corporate governance and actively supports the process of business institutionalisation
- Focuses on proprietary, non-competitive opportunities nurtured through EFG Hermes’ network, such as bolt-on acquisitions
- Tailors investment structure to each type of investment: growth capital, transition capital, financial restructuring capital and PIPE/Take Private transactions
- Follows a rigorous investment decision process to enforce investment discipline
Has a clear view on path to exit at the time of investment